Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Point Spread Predictions January 5th, 2016

Thanks to the Warrior's half point cover (see the comment in yesterday's post) along with the predicted blowouts by the Cavaliers and Spurs I had a 3-0 day yesterday to put the ledger back in black at $100 in winnings for my 34-30-2 record. There are only four games on the schedule and I like two of them and possibly a third but the Warriors-Lakers line is not posted yet so I'll put any additional picks in the comments. As always the betting lines are from the Betonline.ag lines as listed on the Yahoo Sports page and my picks are using computer assistance for entertainment purposes only with $110 wagered on each game taking $100 on my wins.

Milwaukee Bucks at Chicago Bulls
This will be the first meeting for these two teams since last year's first round playoff series (won by the Bulls in six games). The Bulls are on a four game winning streak with one blowout while the Bucks were blown out at home against the Spurs to break their modest two game winning streak. The Bucks have a winning record on the second half of back to back games including their win over the Warriors and it is only a short trip from Milwaukee to Chicago but I will ride the Bulls hot streak until they give me a reason not to and take the Bulls laying the 7.5 points.


Sacramento Kings at Dallas Mavericks
The Kings followed their embarrassing loss to the 76ers last Wednesday with a blowout win over the Suns on Saturday and an impressive win against the Durant-less Oklahoma City Thunder last night. Tonight the Kings are in Dallas to take on the Mavericks. The Mavericks have lost two straight including a home loss to the Pelicans on Saturday. Normally I would take the Kings because the Mavericks have trouble with talented frontcourt players like DeMarcus Cousins (who scored 31 points in the Kings 112-98 win over the Mavs at home back in November). In this case I like the Mavs having 2 days rest matched up against the Kings on a back to back so I will take the Mavs and give 5.5 points to the Kings.


1 comment:

  1. The Warriors line came out as -14. A little too much for me to give when the Warriors are back to back and not enough to take the Lakers despite their 3 game winning streak.

    ReplyDelete