Monday, January 18, 2016

Point Spread Predictions January 18th, 2016

I followed Saturday's 0-2 with a 2-0 mark yesterday as I correctly predicted home covers by the Timberwolves and Spurs. The sweep puts me $80 in the black with a 46-42-2 record. Today is Martin Luther King Day which is traditionally celebrated by the NBA with a full slate of nationally televised games from noon to midnight. Today also marks the halfway point of the NBA regular season. There are 1,230 NBA games in a season. 614 games had been played as of this morning. After today there will be more games played than remain. I would love to pick the Knicks over the 76ers but the line is not out due to the uncertain status of Knick all-star Carmelo Anthony. Luckily there are plenty of other games and as usual I'll be using the betting lines from the Betonline.ag lines as listed on the Yahoo Sports page for entertainment purposes only with $110 wagered on each game taking $100 on my wins unless otherwise stated.

Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks
The Hawks have been wildly inconsistent lately, beating the Bulls and Pistons at home while getting blown out by the Hornets on the road. The Magic have been consistently bad lately with 6 losses in their last 7 while being beset by injuries. The Magic will be without Victor Oladipo, one of their top scoring options for today's 5pm east coast game which is enough for me to take the Hawks and give the 8 points.


Boston Celtics at Dallas Mavericks
Normally I would never take an older team like the Mavericks on the second half of a back to back but as I surmised yesterday the Mavs used yesterday's blowout at the hands of the Spurs to rest their players with only forward Chandler Parsons playing more than 24 minutes. The Celtics are on a 3 game winning streak but I think the Mavericks will be the more desperate team and will take them and the 1 point.


Golden State Warriors at Cleveland Cavaliers
The Warriors head into tonight's marquee matchup coming off their worst game of the year, a 113-95 pasting at the hands of the Pistons despite having their full roster. I suspect the Warriors were looking past the Pistons to this game. The Cavaliers have won 9 of 10 and have 2 days rest but I can't resist getting points with the defending champions who also have a 37-4 record so give me the Warriors and the 3 points.


No comments:

Post a Comment