Sunday, January 17, 2016

Point Spread Predictions January 17th, 2016

As I did not predict, the Pistons blew out the Warriors last night. I did not catch that Clippers center DeAndre Jordan was a late scratch until last nights game started when it was too late to back off the wager. The 0-2 disaster leaves me with a 44-42-2 record and $120 in losses. There are very few games on the slate today before tomorrow's full slate for Martin Luther King Day but there are a couple of games I like. As usual, my picks are using the betting lines from the Betonline.ag lines as listed on the Yahoo Sports page for entertainment purposes only with $110 wagered on each game taking $100 on my wins unless otherwise stated.

Phoenix Suns at Minnesota Timberwolves
The Suns have lost 12 of 13 while the Timberwolves have lost 13 of 14. The difference between these two basement dwellers to me is that while the Suns are being blown out by the likes of the Lakers and 76ers, the Wolves have had single digit losses to higher quality teams like the Thunder, Mavericks, and Rockets. Both teams have to be thinking this is a game they can win but I'll go with the Wolves to get a rare home win and give the 3 and a half points.


Dallas Mavericks at San Antonio Spurs
The Mavs are getting 11 and a half points and are normally so well coached that they can stay close to anyone. The Spurs have had two days off since their nationally televised win against the Cavaliers and will have 3 more days off after this game. I don't think the Spurs will suffer a letdown and will pick them and give the 11.5 to the Mavericks who may rest their players if the score gets out of hand with an eye to a winnable home game against the Celtics tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment