Saturday, January 23, 2016

NBA Point Spread Predictions January 23rd, 2016

I hit on the Jazz blowout of the Nets but only split my 2 picks when the Warriors missed the cover over the Pacers by 1 point. With head coach Steve Kerr on the bench the Warriors may have closer games that won't justify giving away so many points. The split brought my season record to 53-45-2 for winnings of $450. The big news in the NBA yesterday was the firing of Cavaliers coach David Blatt. This is a strategy used very successfully in the past by hockey's New Jersey Devils but I don't expect the Cavaliers to suddenly become better than the Warriors and Spurs. Despite the east coast snowstorm playing havoc with the NBA schedule I have two picks tonight as usual using the betting lines from the Betonline.ag lines as listed on the Yahoo Sports page for entertainment purposes only with $110 wagered on each game taking $100 on my wins unless otherwise stated.

Chicago Bulls at Cleveland Cavaliers
I don't expect new Cavaliers coach Tyronne Lue to have a tremendous impact but I do expect a short term 'Hawthorne effect' from the coaching change and expect a big effort for a national television audience. The Bulls are talented enough to beat anyone any night and could not only cover but win in Cleveland. Having said that, the Bulls are on the second night of a back to back which has been a poor situation for them this season. Give me the Cavaliers laying the 10.5 points.


Los Angeles Lakers at Portland Trailbazers
The Lakers held the Spurs to a 13 point win last night at home, covering the 14.5 point spread and find themselves playing in Portland for Kobe Bryant's last game in Portland. The Blazers have had 2 nights off and I think their backcourt of Lillard and McCollum will shine tonight, especially with Lakers on a back to back. As much as I hate laying points with sub .500 teams give me the Blazers and I will give the 10.5 points to Western Conference cellar dwelling Lakers.


No comments:

Post a Comment